HalloweenHolidays

Halloween Potato Pumpkins

Halloween is coming. This is a fun recipe/craft to make with some ingredients you've already got laying around the kitchen. They're so cute to look at and a treat to eat! I used potatoes but you can use a mix with sweet potatoes, too, for added colour.

Total Time: 1 Hour

Yield: 8 mini pumpkins

Source: My crafty mum :)

1. Peel and dice potatoes. Boil in large pot of water until softened. Drain well and mash.
  2. Mash them together with the butter, sugar and 1/2 of the egg yolk.
  3. Divide into 8 balls and wrap individually in plastic wrap. Place them in the refrigerator until they firm up in about 30 minutes.
  4. Ad

5. Preheat oven (or toaster oven, that's what I used) to 350 F. Remove plastic wrap. Make little indentations around the sides of each with a spoon handle.
  6. Brush the remaining 1/2 egg yolk over the mini pumpkins. Bake in 350 F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
  7. Ad

8. Mix cocoa powder with a few drops of hot water and draw some jack-o-lantern features on your pumpkins. I used a toothpick. Press in some tiny almond slivers on the tops to imitate pumpkin stems. Enjoy!

I love these, thanks for sharing! I may make them for Thanksgiving instead of mashed potatoes, since they are already mashed.

How on earth do you use HALF of an egg yolk, I'm wondering!