Halloween "Trick or Treat" Card
I just love smiling ghosts, as opposed to creepy grumpy ones! :D They are so cute, and have been an icon for Halloween for decades. You can make this vertical-standing card if you don't have a ghost stamp like I used here. I've attached a ghost and "trick or treat" wording print-out if you'd like to use them. It's easy to do a bunch of cards all at once because you use the same sizes of paper cut-outs. It's just the details that can set them apart. Have fun experimenting!
Total Time: 45 minutes
- purple craft paper
- black craft paper
- white paper
- 2.5 inch black foil paper rounds
- accent craft paper (I used stripes and ghosts)
- ghost stamp and ink pad (or use print-out here)
- purple and grey markers
- alcohol blending pen (optional)
- black ribbon (optional)
- Cut the base of your cards using the black paper. Cut them at 11x4.25 inches. Fold them in half.
- Cut the purple paper into 5x4 inch pieces.
- Glue the purple pieces onto the folded black sheets.
- Cut your accent papers so they are 5x1.5 inches.
- Glue the accent papers down, overlapping, over on the left side of the card, exposing some of the purple paper beneath on the left.
- Your white circle with the ghost and message will be about 2 inches in diameter. Stamp or print the ghost(s) out, keeping the 2 inch diameter in mind. Make a circle with a pencil to make a guide.
- Colour the inner edges and details of the ghosts with your markers. Blend the colours with an alcohol pen, if desired.
- Cut the 2 inch diameter circles out.
- Glue some of the black ribbon down on the front of the card.
- Add some stars and bubbles around the ghosts, if you like. Glue the white rounds onto the black foil rounds.
- Glue the rounds onto the center of the card.
- Add embellishments.
- You can make other variations of the same card. Here, I placed the ribbon in half horizontally and used black jewels.
- Lift up the card to add more ghosts and a message, if you like.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!