Hallway Paint Color Advice

Category Painting
A hallway between rooms is the go-between in your home and is a great place to use transitionary colors to coordinate the house. This is a guide about hallway paint color advice.

I am having a problem. I have just purchased a house and am painting. You can see all three rooms at once. I have painted the Kitchen potters clay, and the living room dijon (a yellow). Now.. is the tricky part. I would like to paint the hall a little different color. The question is.. should I or should I not? Thanks for any input. :)

Tracey

Answers

By Jo (Guest Post)

I like your color choices! I would vote for a third color that compliments your two other colors.

By Michele (Guest Post)

Tracey, I painted my hallways, both visible from the kitchen and living room, the same color. You might do a variation of color of the potters clay. My sis in law did something similar in her open design. It looks just fine...just looks like the light is playing tricks on the colors. Can you just paint a small piece of the wall in the hall a little lighter or darker than the potters clay and 'live' with it and see if you like either? Good luck.

By Holly (Guest Post)

Paint it a color halfway between the two colors.

By amy (Guest Post)

i paint it light red

By Ann (Guest Post)

I don't know how long your hall is but I think it would be fun to stripe it with the 2 colors. We did a bedroom and our foyer this way.

Paint the entire hall the lighter color and then tape off stripes and paint between the tape with the darker color. Blue painters tape works the best. Have fun!

By yankeesgryl (Guest Post)

you could try doing a sponge painting technique using the two colors.

By jakevia (Guest Post)

at our boys and girls club: we need help on ideas for painting hallways could sum1 please help us to learn the paintings

By Janelle (Guest Post)

Have a vote! After all it's for the boyz and girls club. I remember those days visiting one and I think it should be a part of Them. Paint a drawing of something and get all involved with creativity!

I have copper coloured curtains with no pattern. Any suggestions as to the colour to put on the walls? It's for a small hallway.