Helping People Who Are Alone During the Holidays

Category Hosting Tips
The holidays are typically a joyous time to spend with friends and family. But for those who face spending them alone it can be a sad and lonely time. This is a guide about helping people who are alone during the holidays.

Do you know a single person, any age, who lives alone? Share the spirit of CHRISTMAS and invite them over for dinner. I live alone, have no family and would have loved to have been invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving.

By Linda from Vista, CA

For a Christmas gift for older ones, this year I bought small disposable aluminum baking tins and made mini lasagnas which I put in the freezer. I taped the date and baking direcions written on a mailing label on the top. Often older people don't bother with this kind of dish because it makes too much for them to eat. I also make extra lasagnas in our bread pans and freeze for quick family meals for us. This would work for any freezable entree.

By Lynn