Holiday Reindeer Candy Holder
This project was inspired by the Pez dispenser, where it's a toy on the top and gum underneath. Instead this is a reindeer with candy inside.
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- toilet paper roll
- pom pom
- hot glue
- cotton ball
- I wrapped brown construction paper around the toilet paper roll. You do not need the brown paper to cover the tube on one end because the Santa Claus hat will be there.
- Optional: For the eyes, I used a small circle hole punch, but you can either use the wiggle eyes, a Sharpie, or paint the eyes. Using glue stick, I adhered the eyes on.
- For the nose, I used hot glue to secure the red pom pom.
- On a piece of brown paper, I cut a rectangle longer than the toilet paper's base. Next I folded it in 3 sections and traced around the toilet paper roll. Then I cut it out, it does not have to be perfect since it's at the bottom. Secure the base with tape.
- Using red felt, I cut a strip. Then, I cut both edges in a triangle shape to serve as the scarf. Then I wrapped it around the reindeer and secured with hot glue.
- Trace a partial circle on to the red felt, to make the Christmas hat. You only need a little more than a half circle. Then secure with hot glue. For the top of the hat, I used a cotton ball.
- Cut 3 narrow strips for the antlers. You will need 2 the same size and the last one will be cut into 3 pieces, using 2 pieces and glue make them like the ones below. Secure the antlers to the back of the reindeer.
- Fill with your choice of candy. I was able to fit 8 pieces of Reese's. Then secure the top with the hat and hot glue.
- Now that there is weight to the candy holder, the recipient will know something is inside. So underneath at the base, I wrote "Open" and glued the circle to the bottom so the recipient will know to open at the base to get the candy out.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!