Homemade Bird Costumes for Kids

Category Costumes
Create a cute, original bird costume for your child to wear for Halloween or a school function. This is a guide about homemade bird costumes for kids.

For Halloween costumes, I use sweatsuits/jackets/sweatpants that I already have on hand and decorate them.

This year, I used boas that I purchased on sale for $3.49 each, and sheets of felt $.12 each (each costume used one boa and 2 sheets of felt) for an over all cost of $3.73 per costume. I already had the pom pom balls, goggle eyes and batting on hand.

My son was a cardinal, I free handed the image onto a piece of red felt, then cut out two pieces, sewed it together and stuffed it. I then stitched it to the hood of his red jacket. Added the feathers. Same for my daughters.

By Christy from New Concord, OH

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

you did a really great job on the costumes !
just wanted to say --

melody_yesterday

What great costumes! You are so clever and talented, and your kids look adorable!

By Syd (Guest Post)

They are adorable, thanks for sharing.

Love to see people use their imagination on constumes,