Homemade Stocking Christmas Card
Paper and simple decorations are used to create this pretty Christmas card. This page contains directions for a homemade stocking Christmas card
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make a Christmas card with a Christmas stocking as the focus point. Fill the stocking with memories of love, joy, and peace, and you are ready to share some special Christmas wishes with friends and colleagues alike. The beauty of this card is that it requires few materials, and is really a thrifty way of spreading some festive cheer.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- printed copy of provided pattern of Christmas stocking
- 8.2 x 5.4 in green cardstock
- 5.2 x 3.7 in piece cut from white printer paper
- felt in the following three colors: black, white, and red
- three red stars
- red glitter
- Pilot silver marker pen
- sewing pins
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the green cardstock in half to create a card sized 4.1" x 5.4".
- Make the background for the card: Use the Pilot silver marker pen to draw small squiggles on the 5.2" x 3.7" piece cut from white printer paper. Use the same pen to draw a frame around this piece of paper.
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the background to the front of the card.
- Cut out the pattern of the stocking.
- Use the sewing pins to pin the bottom part of the stocking to the red felt and cut it out.
- Do the same with the top part of the stocking and the white felt.
- Glue the stocking to the front of the card.
- Add the three stars to the top of the stocking.
- Cut a thin strip from the black felt and use this to make a bow.
- Glue the bow in place just below the top of the stocking.
- Add a drop of glue to the bow's knot. While the glue is still wet, dust the glue with glitter and shake the excess glitter off.