How to Care for Your Swimwear

Handwashing with mild soap preceded by a good soak in vinegar and water is one way to help extend the life of your swimwear. Tossing them in the washer and dryer are sure to negatively affect the elastic and fade the dyes.

Swimwear goes through a lot more than your typical article of clothing. It gets in contact with chlorine, salt, sun lotions, and sprays. They're also way more elastic than your usual garment, so throwing them in the washer and dryer will only shorten its lifespan and kill its colour. Here is how I wash my swimwear to elongate its life and keep the quality pristine.

Fill your sink with with cold water and add a capful of white vinegar. This is great for removing harsh chemicals from your suit. Let it soak for 20-30 minutes, drain, then rinse with cold water.

Use a very mild soap to give the suit a scrub with your fingers, then rinse with cold water.

Lay your suit in a clean, dry towel. Roll up the towel while you gently press to remove the excess water. Do not wring it out. Lay the suit out flat to dry completely.

Anonymous

I take the suit into the shower with me. Throw it on the floor. I soap up and swish it with my feet.

Then I rinse off and rinse it too. Now towel dry and hang up for the next use.

Anonymous

thanks quite helpful

Thanks for sharing!! Good reminder for the end of the season (at least where I am it is the end of the season. The pools all close Labor Day here!

PS, I love that your nails match your suit!

That reminds me of how my mum used to have us wash them ourselves when we were kids! A fond memory. Thanks for that :) (Effective, too!)

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 13, 2019
🌻
🎂
📓