How to Make Heart Shaped Leis
These fun to make, paper heart and straw piece, leis are an easy project for your child to put together as gifts for friends on Valentine's Day. This is a guide about how to make heart shaped leis
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I am helping my niece prep for her Valentine's Day class party next month. She wanted to make heart shaped leis for the girls in her class. We made these inexpensive heart shaped leis with items we already had at home and they turned out really nice and cute!
- construction paper
- masking tape
- hole puncher, optional
- pen/Sharpie, optional
- heart puncher, optional
- Using assorted construction paper (pinks + red), we punched out the heart shapes. If you don't have a heart puncher, you can totally free hand the hearts and cut them out with scissors.
- Punch a hole in the the center of the heart. It does not need to be perfect because they will be threaded on yarn.
- We have plenty of straws from eateries that we have saved, so we cut them to around 1.5" inches. I would recommend smaller though because it would be easier to thread the yarn. Note: If the straws are longer - less hearts needed. If the straws are shorter - more hearts will be needed.
- Using masking tape, tape the tip of the yarn tightly to make it easy to thread through the straw.
- Time to thread the yarn in between the hearts and straw pieces. Repeat until finished or to the desired length of your necklace.
- We made the necklace 36" inches long, with a total of 16 hearts.
- Optional: You can write cute little heart conversations with a Sharpie or pen.
January 12, 20180 found this helpful
January 18, 20180 found this helpful