How to Make Hot Glue Spiders
Here's how to have fun making simple, inexpensive spider decor for Halloween. You just need your hot glue gun and some acrylic paint.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Halloween is right around the corner. You can make inexpensive spider decor with just hot glue and acrylic paint!
Total Time: 30 minutes + drying time
- hot glue gun
- acrylic paint (black)
- parchment paper
- spider print out
- You can either freehand draw a spider with your glue gun. Or, I went on Google.com > Searched images > Spider Outline and printed one that I liked. Then place parchment paper over the image and trace with hot glue.
- Allow the spider to dry and repeat until you have the quantity of spiders you need.
- Cut out your spider. And wash the spider in the sink to make the parchment paper wet. Then using your fingers rip the parchment away (this will give the illusion of the spider being hairy).
- Ready to paint. After painting you can use that paper to make a card or something too!
- Now your spiders are ready to be hung, taped onto the door, as a table decoration, etc.
October 14, 20180 found this helpful
This is great!
October 18, 20180 found this helpful
Thanks! I loved how it turned out. I made more to put outside by the doorbell.