How to Make a Paper Pumpkin Garland

Category Decorations
Cut orange cardstock into cute pumpkin shapes and then add the faces to use in making a fun garland for Halloween. This is a guide about how to make a paper pumpkin garland.

Orange cardstock, black ribbon, and black marker are used to create this quick pumpkin garland.

Approximate Time: 20 minutes

Instructions:

Make a pumpkin template on white card.

Using the template, draw around it on to the orange cardstock. Cut the shape using scissors.

Use a pencil to draw facial features and then color it with black marker.

Glue the stalk on black ribbon.

Repeat the process to form the garland.

By Maricel from Fairfax, VA

DayBiDo400x183.jpg

Top Comment

Aww! That's adorable! I was thinking that a candy corn banner would be super cute for Halloween, too! From afar, I thought that the black ribbon was dark photo negative tape!

Maybe that could be used if it's strong enough and if it's going to be thrown out (such as if it's messed up).

Here is a simple and easy to make pumpkin garland for fall and Halloween. It is perfect for decorating your fireplace area, or to use as table, party, or home decorations.

The pumpkins, I made from recycled orange cardboard packaging from a photo company I where had my photos printed. (Shutterfly) The rest of the supplies I already had at home.

Total Time: 45 minutes

• orange paper
  • green paper
  • hole puncher
  • brads
  • scissors
  • paper trimmer - optional
  • yarn
  • tape

1. I recycled Shutterfly's packaging to make the strips for my pumpkin. You can use orange paper. I cut 1" x 6" strips. For each pumpkin, it is up to you how many strips you want. The more strips, the fuller the pumpkin will be. I experimented with 6 and 8 strips per pumpkin.
  2. Using a smaller hole puncher (not standard or the hole would be too big), punch the top and bottom.
  3. Add strips to the brad and secure brad in place.
  4. For the stem of the pumpkin, I used a plaid green/white paper. I cut a 1" strip and folded it in half (so the front and back of the paper is both plaid). Then, I used my scissors to freehand cut a stem. I folded up the stem at the wide end, and then punched a hole.
  5. Now insert another brad into the stem we just made, and curve over the pumpkin strips onto the brad. Repeat until all strips are on the brad and secure.
  6. Repeat until you have the amount of pumpkins you want to make.
  7. Ad

8. Then I threaded brown yarn through the pumpkins. You can tape them in place on the yarn. They were now ready to hang over my fireplace.