How to Make a Paper Pumpkin Pie Garland

Category Decorations
This is a guide about making a paper pumpkin pie garland. This cute paper pumpkin pie garland is the perfect decoration this holiday season. There is even a fruit pie variation.

When decorating for different holidays, I love to see festive garlands. And since pies are a very popular dessert for Thanksgiving, it makes sense to incorporate them into the decor somehow. I chose to make a garland out of paper pumpkin, apple, and cherry pie slices. These are easy to put together and definitely brighten up the walls! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving dinner even more now!

Total Time: 3 hours

Yield: 1-eight piece pumpkin pie slice garland and 1- sixteen piece pie slice mix garland

Source: Pinterest and YouTube

• 3 sheets of orange card stock
  • 1 sheet of red, yellow, light green, and light brown card stock
  • 1 Elmer's glue
  • 1 pencil or pen
  • scissors
  • Scotch tape
  • ribbon or yarn
  • 12 cotton balls
  • 1/2 sheet any color card stock

1. Draw a slice of pie on card stock and cut out. Use it to trace all the other pie slices so they'll be the same size. I made mine about 4-5 inches on all sides. If yours are this size, four pieces will fit on one sheet. Trace four slices onto one red, green, yellow, and the three orange sheets of paper.
  2. Cut out all traced pie slices. You'll have 8 orange for the pumpkin pie garland and 4 orange, red, green, and yellow for the garland pie mix.
  3. Cut strips of brown paper for the crust. Mine are roughly 3/4 of an inch wide. To determine how long each strip needs to be, lay a pie slice down on the brown paper and trace the base. Cut out 24 strips.
  4. You can glue the strips down flat like I did with all the pumpkin pie slices. Or you can fold the strips accordion style, like I did with the apple and cherry pies.
  5. Cut out additional brown strips of different lengths for the cherry and apple pies. Criss cross and glue 4-6 strips onto each slice. Glue half a cotton ball onto each pumpkin pie slice.
  6. Tape yarn or ribbon across the back top of 16 mix slices of pumpkin, cherry, and apple pie. Leave a gap in between each piece and also room on both sides to allow for hanging. Do the same thing with the eight pumpkin pie slices and hang up both garlands.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

That's so cute, Tiffany :)

Thank you! Every time I walk into my apartment the garland brings a smile to my face.

The pumpkin slices were very easy. And the other pies were a little time consuming, but completely worth it!