How to Prevent Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

Category Indoor
You can control the oozing sap by dipping the cut bough end in hot wax. This is a guide about how to prevent pine boughs from leaking sap.

How can I stop pine sap from getting on everything when I use pine tree cuttings for decorating this fall?

By Judy from Ashburn, VA

Answers

Dip the cut ends in hot candle wax :)

Is there a way to prevent freshly cut pine boughs from leaking sap?

Chippy from Toledo, OH

Answers:

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

I recently read that pine cones can be baked for a short time at low temp to harden the resin and prevent them from leaking. Could probably do the same thing w/the boughs. (12/13/2006)

By Tripleb

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

I would be leery of putting the boughs in an oven! Your bough is going to dry up pretty quickly and not be pretty.

I usually take small pieces of aluminum foil and wrap it around, the end of the bough. (12/17/2006)

By Sharon

Preventing Pine Boughs From Leaking Sap

Sticking your pine boughs in the oven would be great if you wanted to roast marshmallows on the fire it would create, but I'm sure most of you wouldn't enjoy burning down your house. (01/06/2009)

By concerned