Inexpensive Wedding Decorations

Category Decorations
Frugal Wedding Decorations
Keeping the costs down on your decorations can help you have more money for other things. This guide is about inexpensive wedding decorations.

I collected different planters, wire frames, silk flowers, and ribbon when planning for my wedding this November. I created this out of a trellis that is planted in a fence. It had the greenery, but a lot was missing.

I spaced the leaves out, added small silk flowers, the ribbon around the fence with trim. Now it will adorn the cake table at my reception. I will mark the bottom with the name of one of the girls who is helping me decorate and clean up afterward. I will be doing this will all the items I make and use in my wedding, as a thank you to those who lent me a helping hand.

This saves me from having to buy something else for them and they get something to remember the event that I made myself. This piece cost roughly $1.75 to make.

By Dingybat from Vermilion, OH

You did a beautiful job. Good luck with the wedding preparations.

Take out the family glassware and use it to make little table arrangements. We found a whole collection of colored glassware and they helped to make our little flowers on the table charming. It doesn't all have to match you know, it can coordinate.

My daughter's getting married this summer, and after looking at buying glass bowls from Oriental Trading at $3.95 a bowl, I'm thinking we need to NOT BUY!!!--she wants floating candles and Gerber daisies in glass bowls at the outdoor reception--I think it would be a beautiful thing to borrow from friends and family's collections of wide glass bowls, with the coordination being the candles/flowers in each one...Ideas? Comments?

Editor's Note: It sounds like a great idea. The only drawbacks I can see is figuring out which ones belong to who and getting them back to the owners.

To keep track of whose bowl is whose, number each with a sharpie pen on the bottom, and keep a master list. #1 grandma J,#2 mine etc.

Why not just go to goodwill and buy the bowls? At the end of the night you can give them away as a gift if you really dont want them anymore. Besides it prob wouldn't break the bank by buying them there. I have a friend who got 10 of them for 2.00 total!!!

For low cost wedding decorations, visit your local Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree has hundreds of decorative items that you can purchase for your wedding for only a dollar or under. Dollar Tree sells similar items found at retail stores for 75% less. So get moving to Dollar Tree.

This is a really good tip. My sister-in-law is getting married in November and we just found some really great glass votive holders at the dollar tree! They also have the tea light candles and votive candles. This is a lot less than what we expected to pay.

I got the bulk of my fall wedding flowers and decorations from Dollar Tree. I also got a ringbearer pillow that my mom recovered to match my theme and monogram stickers that I used as envelope seals on my DIY invitations. You can find lots of ceremony and reception items here!

Buy Christmas ribbon (the really silver and sparkley stuff) right after Christmas. It makes a great table runner (no matter what width - I used 3"). Is sparkles a lot in candle light and I found it for nearly 80% off the original price - And you can reuse it for your own wrapping purposes!

Need floral decorations for a wedding? I purchased several planter pots at the end of the summer at clearance prices last year. They look like terra cotta but not as heavy. I will fill them with purple and white (wedding colors) annuals and keep them on my patio and deck. At the time of my son's wedding, my husband will use his dolly and transport them to the wedding site. Fresh flowers at an economical price, and I get to keep the pots for years to come!

Make items work double duty. Take personalized candy wrappers and use them as place cards and favors.

By Carol from Massachusetts

With all of the weddings, proms and anniversary events coming up, don't forget that tulle (in any color) with twinkle lights behind it makes an inexpensive festive decoration that can go a long way!

By Fivemeyers

My husbands aunt is getting married in 2 weeks and has not done any planning for decorations at the reception. I have been given the task. I need some ideas for quick and simple inexpensive decorations in lavendar in green that I can pull this together. We have about 40 tables to do as well as a banister, stage, wedding party table and cake/gift table. We can NOT use balloons of any sort. Thank you for your help!

Heather from Woodburn, IN

I have been an art teacher for 29 yrs. and have a friend who does weddings.

Go to Hobby Lobby. Buy irredescent confetti in bags, a bag of sand, paper table cloths, and fake greenery.

Sprinkle the confetti down the center of tables covered with white, lavendar or green paper table clothes. Half fill non matching clear wine glasses with sand and place votive candles in the center inside them. Group various sizes at the center of the table...3 in a grouping. Surround the base of the wine glasses with greenery to hide the tape used to tape the base of the wine glasses to the table (cut through the paper to be able to tape them to the table). Finally, sprinkle more confetti on the greenery and add little cards printed with romantic sayings or the name of the bride and groom and the wedding date.

If you need to also do the bridal party table, borrow a couple of candleabras or large glass candlestick holders ,set them wide enough apart for the wedding couple to sit between them, and use more greenery, and confetti along the front of the table.

Simply elegant and inexpensive.

Purple glitter in heart/star shapes is available and cheap. You won't need much. Take a pinch of this and put it down the middle of tables, then a pinch of regular glitter in another color or 'snow' color. Then put your party favors at each place, and that's really pretty.

For party favors, buy some purple and white netting or tulle, and wrap up some kisses or mints. Put a pretty ribbon around the top to keep them together, and on the ribbon thread a heart with the names of bride and groom and the date computer printed on it. Use the same font as the invitations and/or programs.

Get some tiny purple lights and some greenery and white tulle to decorate the bridal table and banister.

Get some pics of the bride and groom as they were growing up...different ages....and most recently while they were dating...Put them on a small table. It was a great hit at my daughter's wedding. They had candy bars with their pictures on the wrapper. They used bubbles which you can buy at Wal-Mart or Michaels. They come like 48 to a box. They were like 9.00 a box. Go to The Knot.com Usabride.com and How to fire your wedding planner.com, the wedding channel.com....these give some great tips and lots of money saving ideas.

If you have it near you go to a $1.00 store or .99cent store, these places are great for decorations that are cheap!!! Buy the purple or lavender candles already in a clear jar for each table or just the main table.They sell silk flowers too that could be put in a clear vase with the clear marbles for the main table.Another idea,those clear,plastic champagne glasses ,add a tea light and then tie some lavender/purple ribbons around the glass.Set one on each table.The Green Backs Dollar store has favors for weddings that you could use too.Hope this helps :)

After you have your tables covered ,drape a long piece of net lengthwise in the center of the table. Put 3 or 4 empty boxes wrapped in your colors in the center. Stack them so one is on top. Put a wine glasses on top of that one. Place a few wine glasses and a bottle of wine on the table if you are serveing drinks. Glitter can be sprinkled on the table. If you do not want to serve drinks put a few fake flowers in the glasses. Goodwill type stores have lots of different size wine glasses or your dollar store has a choice of plastic ones.

We found Hydrangea beds around our city and simply went to the doors of the homes and asked if we could prune a few flower heads from their garden for our wedding. 35 flower heads provided enough flowers for a very large reception. One Hydrangea flower head is large enough to make a bridal bouquet with a ribbon tied to it. One Hydrangea flower head set on a plate or mirror in the middle of a table looks simple and elegant. People were more than accommodating. But the time of year has to be right to cut--July to September. Hydrangea stems placed in water as soon as you cut them off the plant will survive for 3-4 days and stay fresh if you change the water daily. We also dried some Hydrangea and placed them in small craft size ziplock bags with dried lavendar, then added a ribbon bow, and a label with a message from the bride and groom that was made on the computer for table favors. To dry Hydrangea, simply place them in a vase without water for about one and a half weeks. Dried Hydrangea petals were also used as confetti. Fresh Hydrangea heads stuffed amongst the fruit appetizer platters, made the table especially pretty. Large Hydrangea bouquets at the altar and one Hydrangea flower head with a ribbon make beautiful pew bows. Hydrangea flower heads stuffed inside a pillar candle holder were elegant head table centerpieces.

You can go to your local dollar store and they have candle holders, doileys, balloons, silk flowers for vases that they also carry. They have plastic silverware, paper cups and yes even the famous bubbles. They do carry tops for the wedding cake. I hope i helped you out. If you go on the webb, you will find many a webb site to make centerpieces, bouquets, buttoniers etc.""

No offense to all you who suggest the glitter or bagged confetti, but that stuff is an absolute NIGHTMARE to clean up afterwards. As a former employee of an establishment that hosted allot of wedding parties, skip the confetti and glitter. Use the glass globs or acrylic nuggets, or be prepared to tip an extra $100 to the clean up crew. I am planning my wedding and wouldn't dream of using that *&&(*&(.

I am looking into inexpensive decorations for my wedding which is fall themed. I love burgundy and gold, my fiance loves the yellows and oranges. I have been searching for some inexpensive great ideas for chair decorations and table centerpieces that just won't break my bank. Any help on this? Any and all ideas will be welcome. Thank you

By plushkitty32 from NY

Look in dollar stores,some the party stores have inexpensive items. Also orientaltradingcompany.com has all kinds of favors, decorations, etc. for all occasions and they are really quite inexpensive. I think it will be easier to find things in the typical fall colors; orange, yellow, gold, brown, etc. I would say by mid summer stores will be having their silk leaves out in the craft departments, and you could lay stems of them in the center of the tables with whatever type of candles that you prefer to use. This would be easy to do and easy to undo. For the chairs all you would have to do is attach bows on the back made out of ribbons in the colors you choose to use.

Leaves and candles seems cheap enough to me. You can buy bouquets of leaves at the dollar store and then just remove the leaves. For the candle holders I'd go to thrift stores or garage sales and find cheap vases / glassware to put them in. (They don't have to match and I think it's boring anyway). Go to IKEA for cheaper candles. They don't have to "smell good" since it is just for viewing. Tulle is also cheap. Rolls of it, that is. Any fabric / craft store carries. You could drape some of that around the candle holders and have the leaves surrounding / on top of the tulle. And when it is all over, I'd make an attempt to sell the stuff and get some of the money back :).

My daughter was married in October so we used the fall leaf colors. Everything came from dollar stores. We used a square mirror trimmed in gold, put a tall cylinder vase filled with glass stones with a candle in the middle of it. We sprinkled silk fall leaves down the table as well as the colored glass stones. If you can't find any packages of leaves you can just get bunches of them at dollar stores and tear them off the stems. You could add inexpensive fall floral arrangements as well. Even her cake was decorated with fall flowers and leaves. The burgundy and oranges are absolutely gorgeous. For the wedding, we had the arch with greenery, fall leaves, ivory tulle, and white icicle lights hanging on it.

First of all congratulations. Fall weddings are my favorite. As an event designer and silk wedding flower designer of 10 years I promote high end style on any budget. Here are my thoughts.

Centerpieces: Don't underestimate the use of pumpkins. Large pumpkins can purchased for a little of $5 each and un-carved they will last several weeks. Carve them with a beautiful vine pattern, with table numbers, or your initials and make them luminaries. Surround the base with inexpensive garland spray painted copper or gold.

Mix up your heights by using curly willow or dried leave bundles placed in burlap wrapped containers. Or use dried wheat bundles to make free standing tall centerpieces.

I also happen to have quite a few dried leave bundles on hand I would be happy to sell. They are extra from a wedding where I made 20 fall leave pomanders for the aisle. I will have to count how many I have on hand, but let me know.

I happen to have 5 or 6 larger corn husk pumpkins I am looking sell. They are brand new, just an incorrect size for what I originally intended to use them for. But they are big enough for centerpieces and you can set fall mums/plants inside, as there is a plastic liner. Let me know if you may be interested.

Chair decorations: It depends on the type of chair, but ribbon hung down from the top can be quite stunning. It's time consuming to do, but beautiful when executed property.

Tulle wraps and bows are the cheapest option as already stated. Thick rope looped into a couple of circles accented with leaves or a flower to hang on the side of the chair can look amazing too.

Cut paper and rope/curling ribbon can be very pretty and cost effective. Cut the paper into triangle banners then stencil or stamp with your initials or fall pictures. You could also cut the paper into a variety of shapes (like leaves, pumpkins, flowers, etc) and string together.

I hope these ideas help. You can always contact me for more ideas. Good Luck and Happy Planning.

How do l get invitation cards, cheap centerpieces, table cloths, balloons, and plates? I really do not mind if they are used. Thank you for the reply.

By carol008 from Cobb, GA

Oriental Trading Company has a lot of stuff. WalMart also has some items. But I have a suggestion, if you can't afford a wedding, just go and get married. People used to have weddings without balloons, table centerpieces, other than for the brides table, etc.

We used a print-at-home invitation kit for our wedding. It came with nice embossed card stock, RSVP forms and envelopes, and the result was really pretty. Provided you don't have hundreds of invitations to send out it's easy and inexpensive to do.

Craft, party supply, and discount stores are your best friend for inexpensive wedding decorations, though there's a lot of good bargains on the internet too. We bought some ribbon online with our names and the date printed on it and it was a nice personal touch on the favors. Silk flowers, confetti and some tea lights all make for pretty tables and they are cheap and easy to find. I agree though, celebrating love is ultimately more important than decorations. You can have a beautiful day without spending a lot of money. We did! :)

I agree with the post about Oriental Trading company. Do a search for coupons and promo codes there before you order. And read the reviews of the items you are interested in. I used several things from that store for my wedding and all were lovely

I used Dollar general, dollar tree, and freecycle. Had everything I needed for a wedding for both my son and a daughter. Only spent a few hundred. Of course after all moms work both weddings were canceled (yeah).

My fiance and I are getting married in May 2010 and we are having a western wedding with royal blue and silver as our colors. We will be getting married on our acreage, with our reception there too. I am looking for easy, cheap, do-it-yourself decorations. We will be renting a tent and people will be sitting around big round tables.

We will be serving pulled pork and beef sandwiches with baked beans, potato salad, etc. The wedding will be early evening about 6ish. It will be a relatively formal wedding with me in the typical big ivory dress and my girls in formal gowns and the men will be in tuxes. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

By countrymom77 from Adams, NE

#1 Change clothes before the reception. You don't want bbq sauce on your dress.

#2 Check on-line party stores if you don't have one nearby...you have time enough now that you might be able to pick up good silver decorations (not themed) that are sold for New Year's Eve. With that menu you can do silver and Spring flowers on tables and blue and silver on walls. People will be looking at you and visiting, not so much looking at the decorations, so don't overdo it...a couple hours and it's over.

We used tulle and cut into round shape and place birdseed in it and gathered the tulle up and used a ribbon to tie it up. Then we hot glued a mini black cowboy hat to ribbons it was a big hit you can also find many uses for those little mini

cowboy hats you can find in craft stores. Michael's Hobby Lobby and others. Also one couple I know went to ceramic place and spent a few nights painting ceramic cowboy boots, hats and other western things then had them fired/kiln and

they saved LOTS doing the center pieces look at cheap cowboy toys too for center pieces you will find ideas just looking at C&W stores. Good luck

You could get some hay bails and some tall grasses as decorations near your ceremony spot and framing the tent. For centerpiece you can use boots from thrift stores or party hats and place flowers or candies in them. I would suggest not bothering with any favors due to the expense, but if you want to, you could give away bookmarks that are made out of tassels.

Royal blue bandannas would be an inexpensive and Western themed way to pick up your colors. You could use them as napkins for your reception BBQ, underneath mason jars with flowers or dried wheat inside on your tables, or you could even string a line of rope along the top edges of your tent and use wooden clothespins to pin the bandannas on for a flag effect. Look online to buy these in bulk.

For your silver accents, consider using small galvanized pails with sand and a candle inside to light your walkways, or these would even be an adorable centerpiece on your tables with a raffia bow on the handle and a bandanna spread underneath. Other thrifty ways to include silver would be spray painted horseshoes or rocks, or small pictures of you and your fiance in dollar store silver frames on the table.

Please I am planning for my wedding and am so confused. I am thinking of doing my wedding outdoors or renting a hall. I want a wonderful decoration for either. My colours are orange, olive green, royal blue, and red. Please advise me on what to do.

By Zinny from Nigeria abv

I am getting Married in September 2005 and it is a afternoon wedding. We have opted to pay for it ourselves and my colors are wine and champagne the accent color is gold. I want to use roses as my flower and candles for my centerpieces for the reception. Do you have any suggestions on how to make something elegant but cheap?

Farrah

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is the decoration inside the front door of our church. We liked it so well that we decided not to change it for my daughter's wedding. Not the same colors but it still looked so nice!

displaylattice.jpg

displaylatticecu.jpg

By Robin

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Lovely!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Lovely!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I am getting married in September 2005 and it is an afternoon

wedding. We have opted to pay for it ourselves and my colors are

wine and champagne, the accent color is gold. I want to use

roses as my flower and candles for my centerpieces for the

reception. Do you have any suggestions on how to make something

elegant, but cheap?

Farrah

Answers:

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Decorate the candles with inexpensive stretchy bracelets already

made or buy fringe and beads by the yard and hot glue on. You

can sit the candle in glass rocks inside a glass bowl. You could

just sit them on a doily and sprinkle confetti around.

(05/10/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I am not sure where you are from, but here we have Aldi grocery

stores. You can buy 6 roses any day of the week for $2.99. If

you let them know ahead of time, they will even order extra of

just what you need. As far as table decorations, at my sister's

wedding, my mom collected wine goblets in various shapes and

sizes from the local St. Vincent de Paul's and Goodwill. We put

5 of them on each table with candles in them and then sprinkled

confetti and real ivy (cut from a friends yard) around the base.

We made sure that each table had a variety of glasses, so there

were different heights and looks. Very pretty and elegant. It

would match your wine and champagne theme. (05/10/2005)

By kelly

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

You can buy 2 dozen roses from Sam's or Costco for around $14.

They will order your color if you ask ahead. You could pick up

tea cups at thrift stores or borrow from friends and put small

arrangements on each table. I have also seen candles in wine

glasses, which looks nice. Another nice centerpiece is a glass

bowl with floating candles and rose petals sprinkled in. Again,

you could borrow some bowls. (05/10/2005)

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

We bought 4 inch white ribbon and a gold paint pen. Three strips

of ribbon, full length of table. Lay them crossing each other in

the center. With gold paint pen write in cursive on both ends

"Love is Patient Love is Kind Love Never Fails". Something in

the center. Tulle bunched together, held with white wire,

flowers, artificial around the base of a wine glass with a

votive. Tulle is cheap and goes far, very fairy tale-like.

Photos on tables of you and hubby to be, child photos, dating

photos, etc.

You can also fill bowls or whatever with that plant gel, just

add water. It is crystal looking holds candles, pretty.

plantgel.com (05/10/2005)

By guest

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Get yourself a copy of Martha Stewart Weddings. In it she has a

centerpiece where she took some small bowls (you could probably

get similar ones at the dollar store) and floated the head of a

rose (or another flower) in each one. It looked beautiful. If

this idea doesn't work for you check out her book anyway she has

some great ideas that would be easy to replicate, even on a

budget. (05/12/2005)

By Amy

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

If candles are your centerpieces for reception tables, ask

around for mirror tiles. If you can't find them to borrow, some

place like Home Depot would have them and they're not really

expensive. Use candles of different heights on the mirror tiles

and since you mentioned roses, lay one long stemmed single rose

on it with the candles. The light from candles shows up so

pretty on mirror tiles. One way to "dress up" a simply decorated

table is to have your table already set with plates, napkins,

and cutlery. It fills out an otherwise empty table. (05/15/2005)

By Sharon from KY

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

These were basically my colors! I used a rose red color and

white. All of my real flowers were roses and my artificial

flowers were all white. I bought white tablecloths at Sam's and

found some plain cotton material at Wal-Mart in the right color

to make table runners. I then used mirror tiles (Lowe's) in the

middle of each table. I bought tall pillar candle holders at

Hobby Lobby for about $1.25 each and candles at a local dollar

store. I also used lots of votive candles around the tables.

Check out Wal-Mart for these. They have them in 12-packs with

candles already with them for about $6.00. I bought 6-foot

white rose garlands from save-on-crafts.com for 99 cents

each and used them running down the tables. We also used these

on the rails outside of the church and on our arch. Everything

was very elegant looking, but it didn't break our budget.

(05/16/2005)

By Brandy

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

In wine glasses, place colored or clear stones/marbles. Fill

half the glass then add a votive candle on top. For the bottom,

wrap with a piece of tulle and tie with a ribbon. (05/31/2005)

By Sarah

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I am also getting married in September 05. Congrats!
Anyways, our colors are cranberry, diamond white, and silver for

an accent color. I am making my centerpieces/table decorations

with the cake plate size Chinet plates (Chinet is more durable

than standard paper plates). I am going to decorate the edges of

the plates with silk flowers (using a glue gun to attach the

flowers to the plate). My flowers are red and white roses and

other red and white flowers I found at the dollar store.
I'm going to leave enough room in the middle of the plate to fit

a 4" tall pillar candle. I purchased white ones at the dollar

store for $1.00 each.

I am having a destination wedding. So this is going to be

perfect for traveling. I'll do all of the plates ahead of time

and then assemble them at the hall the night before the wedding.

Also, check into renting a helium tank or purchasing one at

Walmart. Then you can do a lot of your decorations with

balloons. That's a relatively cheap idea, too. You could get

more fancy with it by using a decorative glass or weight of some

sort to hold the balloons down on the tables.

I just thought I would share my ideas with you.
I am looking for an easy way to make my church pew bows. I cannot

tie a bow. Anyone have a suggestion?
Good luck. (06/08/2005)

By Val

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

My centerpieces are going to be balloon bouquets. Party City and

Card Factory outlet recently ran sales on balloons. I was able

to place my order for silver heart Mylar balloons for 99 cents

each (reg. $2.49) for Sept and pearlized latex balloons for

$2.99/dz (reg $4.99/dz).
They also had their weights on sale for 59 cents ea.(reg $1.19).

I took advantage of a May sale. (06/14/2005)

By Katie

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I am getting married in August 05 and one of my best friends was

just married in June. The best advice I can give you is to buy

your roses from Marisol blooms they have a package of 250 fresh

roses for $155 you can not beat that. Then buy some vases from

the dollar store; they have a great selection. If you want add

some fake gems in the colors of your wedding it gives it a

little extra umph! I hope your wedding day is perfect. Just

remember it's all about you and the love of your life and no one

else. (06/28/2005)

By Alexandria

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I made decorations for the aisles: artificial flowers stuck into

Styrofoam balls (one color, no green) hung them with

organza/satin ribbon, attached by florists' pins. After the

ceremony and before the reception, we had someone take off the

ribbon, and place these on the table for centerpieces with

candles on either side. It worked out very well, very cheap too!

(07/06/2005)

By Tracy

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Buy ivy or springeriei ferns in 6" or 8" pots, cover pots with

moss or metallic paper, tuck real roses, ribbons, etc. in the

dirt or water vials till you get the look you want. (07/29/2005)

By Donna

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I have a wonderful idea for you; find some glass bowls at either

Ikea or check with dollar stores. Fill them a quarter full with

water, 1-3 gold floater candles and put either plums or grapes

in there. I have seen it done at a very rich elegant wedding.

Everyone talked about the centerpieces. Let me know how it goes.

(08/03/2005)

By Alexia

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I had a silver and crystal wedding and found a place to get some

decorations (they are beaded curtains and they are so beautiful)

at shopwildthings.com. Everything came in time and

the price was right. I am not really one to plug online stores,

but the reception walls sparkled and everyone freaked out over

the beaded curtains. They have bubble crystal beaded curtains

and silver bubble crystal curtains and that's what we used.
( (09/16/2005)

By Sandy

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I have actually seen Eiffel vases at one of the Dollar stores.

White ones too! Can't get much cheaper than a buck! If you

check around you may find what you are looking for. (12/13/2005)

By profile=thr314054">Cathy184

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Try this website, they have some really nice unique designs, I

used them for my wedding. Really cheap prices too because we

bought so many of them for the wedding. Check it out at

foreverflowersonline.com (02/13/2006)

By Linda

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

If you are looking for cheap wedding decorations try the site

orientaltrading.com. You can find a lot of cool things, for a

really good price. (02/14/2006)

By Lauren

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Check out blumebox.com for cheap vases. We added brown ribbon to

the Tiffany blue boxes for all our centerpieces and then the

guest took them home. They looked amazing! (05/05/2006)

By Dayna

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I am about to have a tropical wedding, and here are somethings I

have done.
First of all I went to orientaltrading.com to find my

wineglasses, and other decorations. (Tikki torches for like

2.00!)
Then I went to a beach store where they sell real seashells for

really cheap and bought up a bunch of those.

Michael's is a life saver because they have a bunch of

reasonably priced things there. I got my lighted arch there for

30.00.

My centerpieces are candles and seashells. I am going to get

a glass bowl and fill it about 1/3 of the way with sand and then

put a big conch shell in the middle. It is very simple, but

elegant. I also bought floating hibiscus candles from

orientaltrading.com and I will use those as centerpieces also.

My advice is to just shop around and buy up any tropical

flowers you like, and keep your eyes open for good deals. My

wedding is in July and I still have some more things to do.
Does anyone know where to get reasonably priced pew bows?
Thanks, and good luck with the planning! (05/08/2006)

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

You could buy some glass paints from a craft shop and decorate

them. Not too expensive (about 99p a pot) and decorate some

glass votives. (08/09/2006)

By Lauren

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

I had the same problem with pew bows and I decided to just get

some white tulle and make my own my tying them into the shape

of bows. It sounds kinda tacky, but trust me, its cute. I'm also

gonna tie them onto the backs of all the guests chairs at the

reception. (07/03/2007)

By Heather

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Find tulle for cheap at tullesource.com it was the only

place I could find my color for cheap (02/28/2008)

By Karina

center pieces

This is for the crafty bride. And I hope this will help you.

First you need two different size plastic champagne glasses from

the party store. One is the large Margarita glass w/base and the

other is the champagne glass. You can leave the larger glass

plain or use acrylic paint and paint the inside stem of the

glass. And maybe the bottom half, using your colors. I would

suggest using gold. You'll also need the green flora form, (you

can find it at the dollar store to save money) cut the form

block in half cover the top and sides of the form with moss, and

hot glue the form to the inside bottom of the glass.

Arrange your silk flowers in the form, (trailing greenery is

a nice touch). Leave the center for the smaller champagne glass.

First make a hole in the center of your arrangement with the

stem of the smaller glass. Then with a low temp glue glue pull

the glass out and put glue around the stem bottom. Insert the

glass back in the center. Add water and a floating candle. I

hope this helps. Take care and many blessings. (02/28/2008)

By lovescreations

EIFFEL TOWER VASES

Beatriz, you can Google website Koyal Wholesale.com and buy the

Eiffel tower vases by the case you can get all different sizes

and colors they are very reasonable prices check them out! I

will be ordering my vases from them I hope this helps.
(09/13/2008)

By Crystal

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

To:Amanda re:Texas Country Theme

I made "cowboy boot" centerpieces, they were quite a hit!
I bought children's boots, girls (size 5, they are small enough

to set on a table so you can see over them). I'm sure you could

use any size that suits your table. When you buy a pair you get

two centerpieces out of them. I filled them with some rocks (to

weigh them down) put in a block of florist foam and added

artificial flowers. You could find vases to fit inside and use

real flowers. If you got red boots with white flowers, and maybe

some blue accent flowers, I think that would look great. Or

maybe white boots with red /blue flowers? (01/08/2009)

By Rose

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

My wedding is set for April 16th and we were able to pickup our

centerpieces at centerpiecestudio.com pretty

affordable. I think we may have used a coupon code too, maybe

Google that. (03/04/2009)

By profile=thr910267">kasullivan

Elegant, but Cheap, Wedding Decorations

Oh, I found the coupon, it was BLOGSAVER and it gave us 7% off.

(03/04/2009)

By profile=thr910267">kasullivan