Keeping Yellow Jackets off Hummingbird Feeders?

I'm in North Carolina and I've got a feeder out. I've already taken care of one yellow jacket hive, but more have returned later from different directions. So I've learned that soap suffocates bees and I took and old bar and rubbed it on the outside where they are feeding. Is this harmful to the hummers cause it seems to be working.

You could put a bowl of sugar water several feet away from the hummingbird feeder. The yellow jackets will be attracted to that.

Thank you for this tip. The yellow jackets were competing with the hummingbirds in increasing numbers. By putting a disposable plastic lid and container filled with sugar water, all of the yellow jackets were lured away. It's about 8 feet from the the feeders and tomorrow I'll move it even further away. The yellow jackets swarmed the sugar water and abandoned the hummingbird feeders.

Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsAugust 7, 2019
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Yellow-Jackets-off-Hummingbird-Feeders.html