Kentucky Christmas Charities

Every year ThriftyFun gets numerous requests from people looking for help for their families for Christmas. Since we do not have the resources to offer direct help, we have set up this guide to help people find charities in each state. This is a guide about finding Christmas charities in Kentucky.

Be Concerned, located in Covington, has a Christmas Store. There is no charge for holiday food, and personal care products distributed through the Christmas Store. In addition, families may participate in receiving new toys, basic clothing, and a special gift for every family.

Catholic Charities of Louisville and Catholic Charities of Covington may be able to provide assistance to area families in need during the holiday season.

It is too late to sign up for the Angel tree, so I was wondering if there is any program that I can contact for Christmas help? My fiance is in Woodford county at the moment, and I need some help for Christmas.

By Raven from Frankfort, KY

Answers

Anonymous

Try the Salvation Army.

Most areas have Tots For Tots, if you are looking for help for kids. Most charities are mainly for kids. If you need help with food, the Salvation Army might help, it will depend on the area. Here they refer you to the Food Pantry. I don't quite understand why your partner being in another area makes a difference. You should still be sharing income.

Anonymous

Angel Tree is a Salvation Army program. Go to this link for information for your area:
http://www.salv … E0C?opendocument

I am presuming this is for children, not adults. Your local human services can direct you to any of the programs still not filled. Our Toys For Tots is the 2nd week of Dec. I make blankets to give as gifts. Sometimes the older pre teen kids don't like the toy issue but still need to be included. I think our age cut off is 12 years old.

After that, they are responsible enough to understand we all don't get when we want, what we want, but are grateful for what we recieve any time.
Merry Christmas. Grandma J.

I did try salvation army they said they can't help my kids do you all no anyone els i got 3 boys

Were do I get help for Xmas?

By BE from Pikeville, KY

Answers

Contact the Salvation Army. There is also Toys for Tots, and there are others. However, it will be mentioned on the news when they start taking applications. There is paperwork that has to be filled out, and I think there is income guidelines. There is also an age limit of 12 years. Don't your kids have grandparents and aunts and uncles, etc.?

Another thing you can start doing your shopping in January, buy one thing a month. Also if you don't get any help, there are times you can find decent things at stores like Family Dollar, and Dollar General. WalMart also has decent t-shirts for less than $10.00. Also thrift stores have nice things and some of them are even new. Just be aware that any organization only has a certain amount of funds to use for gifts for the needy.

Another thing, no kid needs a pile of gifts, one per kid should be plenty. Depending on the age of the kids a color book and a 16 count box of crayons would be plenty, and they could be wrapped separately. No kid needs electronic things or designer clothes.

Charities that offer help during the holiday season in Kentucky. Please post feedback about any charities you may know about.

Editor's Note: Do NOT post here if you need help. ThriftyFun does not have resources to give direct help to those in need.

Answers:

Kentucky Christmas Charities

In Paducah, there is the Salvation Army, Family services, Martha's Vineyard, Cal's coats for kids, Toys for Tots. (11/16/2005)

By Christi

Kentucky Christmas Charities

In Bowling Green, there is University Church of Christ. Almost all of the elementary schools have an Angel Tree with numbers instead of names on them so the names remain private except to the program administer. Ask the school secretary who to contact. Please do not be embarrassed. I was the administrator one year and you would truly be stunned by the number of requests and who they come from. There is no reason to be ashamed. We've all been there at one time or another. (12/07/2005)

Kentucky Christmas Charities

Cumberland Mountain Outreach offers help during Christmas as they provide Christmas gifts to over 600 children in Lee county. Its a pretty cool set up. Their website is www.cumberlandmountainoutreach.org (01/16/2009)

By cabbagerun

RE: Kentucky Christmas Charities