Lights Out On Pre-lit Rotating Christmas Tree

We bought a pre-lit Christmas tree that rotates, at Sears on clearance after Christmas last year. The lights have a 1 year warranty; the tree 3 years. A few weeks later we took it out and put it together to check it out and discovered the lights not working on a whole section. After many e-mails and pictures sent to the company it was determined the set of lights was not holding in the control box. There was a little white plug-in thingy not holding on the wire. They sent us a new set of lights that now hold in the control box, but there are still 2 branches on another row where the lights don't work that was indicated on the warranty form that I completed. The company never addressed this and they stopped responding to my e-mails. After realizing how difficult it can be to replace the lights to be like they're done at the factory, I requested they replace the lower section of the tree since the faulty lights are all on this one section, but got no response. I don't believe a regular set of lights can be used if we want the tree to rotate. Anyone else have this issue?

I did go to Sears and talked with an assistant manager about this issue. The man was not interested at all in my report and told me the best they could do was give me extra reward points which I turned down. I also wrote to their headquarters, but of course heard nothing. This tree was on "clearance", but still a "new" tree in its box! Now I wish we had asked to purchase the floor sample! I'm planning on checking to see if Sears has another identical tree to this one this year and demand they exchange it, but I fear that won't work. Needless to say, we are done purchasing anything from Sears! Customer service there is the worst! It's no wonder they're not doing well. Sad they don't see that.

Best Answer

I bought a defected Kenmore product in the past from Sears, and they exchanged no problem (used). However, it did take a little time because they had to find the right person to help me out. They kept transferring employees to help me until finally I requested to speak to a manager as they were wasting my time.

You may want to call customer support or have your issue escalated.

I am so sorry to hear about all these issues with a tree and Sears. Unfortunately, if you try to do anything as long as the tree is under warranty, you can void the warranty on this tree.

I might suggest that you box this up and take it directly to the Sears service center and make them do something there. Make the man assemble this tree and fix it for you considering it's under warranty. There should be a service center for Sears at their main store. Make sure you take a copy of all the emails, receipts, and the parts they have already sent to you. If they can't fix this tree to your satisfaction, then they should give you a new tree or give you a full refund. I wouldn't accept store credit for this.

You'll need to hurry and take care of this because your warranty will expire soon and I think they are hoping this will happen.

I would not give up and be demanding in your letter and phone calls.Let them know your not stopping until they replace the tree.

After having issues with a merchant, I posted my problems on Yelp. 45 minutes later I had the owner on the phone, and my problems were solved. Social media is the way to go.