Making 3D Paper Star Christmas Ornaments
This page is about making 3D paper star Christmas ornaments
. Recycle gift wrap or other paper to make a folded paper decoration for your holiday tree.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Make stars to hang on Christmas trees, easily, recycling simple household items like blank papers and used gift-wraps.
Approximate Time: less than an hour
- paper scraps (the stiffer the better :)
- used gift-wraps
- thread and needle
- First draw the star on a piece of paper, as shown.
- Then, cut along the edges.
- Draw straight lines joining the corners and intersections, as shown in image (1)
- Follow image (2), cut along the red-lines, and fold along the purple and blue ones in the same direction.
- Fold the green lines, in the opposite direction. Refer to image (3) for the folds.
- Join the free edges together, using cellotape. Refer to the pictures to get an idea of how it would look from the front and the back.
- Using glue, cover the star with a wrapping paper. Make a small hole on the star with the needle and tie a thread through it for hanging your star on the Christmas tree, or wherever else you wanna hang it :)
And... its done!
By Gunja from West Bengal, India
December 22, 20110 found this helpful
That's very pretty! I want to try this!
November 18, 20170 found this helpful
I would love to try this too