Making A Cookie Christmas Tree
A yummy decoration that you can make for the holidays with the kids. This guide is about making a cookie Christmas tree
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Excellent and yummy gift, easy for kids to make!
Approximate Time: 30 minutes to assemble
- 5 to 8 star cookies of different sizes
- cardboard circle base
- cellophane and ribbon
- Using a gingerbread cookie recipe (or any other sturdy cookie recipe) make your own cookie stars of varying sizes.
- You can then create as many giftable trees as you wish using 5 to 8 cookies each.
- Frost each of your cookies with green frosting, add sprinkles, and stack them- largest on the bottom to smallest at the top. You will use a dollop of frosting between each to "glue" them together with the base of tree "glued" to the cardboard circle.
- For the top star you can use another color frosting.
- Once assembled you can use frosting to add details such as snow if you wish.
- Small square pieces of cookie can be decorated to look like gifts under the tree!
- With the cellophane under the cardboard pull it up and gather it around and tie with ribbon and add a to/from tag.
By Kelly L. from Ann Arbor, MI
December 9, 20140 found this helpful
that's really cute! Thank you for sharing.
December 25, 20140 found this helpful
That's adorable. Too late for this year but I'm all over it for 2015!