Making Accordion Fold Christmas Trees
A simple, inexpensive Christmas decoration you can create with scrap wood and festive holiday wrapping paper. This is a guide about making accordion christmas trees
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have a project that is simply made. With scrape pieces of wood and wrapping paper, you can make a vignette of trees or just make singles to be placed throughout your space.
Total Time: 1 hour
- scrape wood
- wooden skewers
- wrapping paper
- craft paint
- sponge brush
- With your wood pieces pre drill holes in the center of your wood.
- Pre paint the base of your tree.
- Screw the skewer into the hole (if too loose you can use hot glue to tighten).
- Take your gift paper and cut a 12 inch triangle. You can use this as a template if you are doing several.
- Take the paper triangle and fold up, then fold behind making making sure the folds are about the same size fold.
- With a hole puncher, punch a hole through all of the folds, in the center.
- Now thread down your skewer.
- Pull your paper accordion to the top and secure with a bead of hot glue.
- If skewer is to long, trim/cut off access.
- The final step is decorating trees (optional).