Making Clay Pot Angels
Sweet little angels to sit on your desk.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- clay pot, 2 inches high x 2.5 inches across top
- 3 inch section of silver metallic pipe cleaner
- wired edged ribbon, sheer for wings, about an inch wide
- doll hair
- 4 wooden beads, 1/2 inch
- hot glue
- lace at least 2 inches wide
- wooden bead 1.25 inches wide (I use dowel ends)
- ribbon for legs, arms and bow
- color markers for face
- small bead or pearl
- acrylic paint, white and flesh color
- Paint the clay pot white (or any color you want as a theme for your angel). Paint the round bead fleshtone. Will dry in about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut a length of ribbon about 10 inches long. Attach a bead at each end and knot the ends to keep in place. Cut another length about 6 inches long and attach a bead at each end, knotting the ends.
- When paint is dry, using markers (or paint if you'd like) make a face on the wood bead. I find making her eyes closed is easiest.
- Cut a length of lace to go around the pot as her dress. The pot will sit upside down. I usually take a needle and loosely thread through the top to gather, but you can just glue if you have puffy lace.
- Fold the longer ribbon in half and thread through the hole in bottom of the pot. Bring up the loop a bit and thread the shorter length through the loop as shown in pic.
- Make the shorter length even on each side of pot as arms. Make the longer piece even for legs and gently pull the ribbons until flush with pot. Add a bit of hot glue to hold in place. If ribbon looks a little long, cut a bit off and re-knot.
- Glue hair in strips until you are satisfied with the outcome. Hair can be painted if you would rather. Make a circle from the pipe cleaner and glue to head as a halo.
- Glue her head to the pot. Make a bow and glue to her front and add a bead or pearl in center of bow.
- Form a bow as wings from the wire edged ribbon and glue to her back.
- She is now ready to sit on your shelf or desk. Great gift for co-workers or someone in hospital.
By Myst from Muncie, INRead More Comments
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I am looking for the instructions for a flower pot angel, #22 or #28.
Answer this Question
April 22, 20141 found this helpful
I have a pattern from Woman's World.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.