Making Decorated Paper Pumpkins

Category Decorations
These quick and easy pumpkins are a great way to use up cardboard packaging. Customize them with funny faces or other Halloween embellishments.

I order printed photos from Shutterfly and I always keep the packaging because it's really sturdy. I'm glad I did because I was able to make a couple of pumpkins from the packaging!

Here are two of the pumpkins I made and I will make more next month for the kiddos to decorate (this is a mess free way of decorating, they can use stickers or paint).

Total Time: 15-20 minutes

• 2 CDs
  • brown paper bag
  • orange paper
  • pen/pencil
  • scissors
  • your choice of decorations

1. Tape 2 CDs together, or gently hold in the center of 2 CDs and trace with a pen to resemble the shape of a pumpkin. Option: You can also trace on white paper and make a coloring page for your child to color, decorate with color pencils, crayons, paint, or stickers.
  2. Cut pumpkin out.
  3. For the pumpkin stump, one option is to use kraft paper and freehand the stump. Glue in place.
  4. Another option is to use a brown paper bag and crumble up a piece to resemble a stump. Glue in place.
  5. Time to decorate with any items you want. I used goggly eyes and sticker ribbon. Then, displayed on the fridge.
Crafts Halloween DecorationsSeptember 23, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃