Making Egg Carton Easter Eggs
I was trying to think of a way to make Easter eggs that you could fill with treats from stuff I had laying around the house and these are what I came up with. These egg carton Easter eggs are made with the paper egg cartons.
- paper egg carton
- upholstery needle
- thick upholstery tread
- poster paints
- puffy paints
- Easter treats to fit inside
- Optional: ribbon and other embellishments
- Alternative method: use hot glue instead of thread.
- Cut two egg cups out of the carton and then cut them down so that they have even ends.
- Decorate both egg cups with the paints and let dry.
- Sew the two ends of the egg cups together with each stitch about 1/4 inch in from the edge.
- When you have stitched just over 1/2 way around the egg, stuff egg with treats.
- Sew up the rest of the egg.
An alternative to sewing is to hot glue the two egg cups together.
- Follow steps 1 and 2 from above.
- Fill one cup with some treats, pre-wrapped candies are the best if you are going to hot glue because some glue may find its way into the inside of the egg.
- Fit the two egg carton cups together the best you can. There may be some overlapping and gaps, and that is okay.
- Glue all the way around the seem. If there are any gaps add a little extra glue. Let glue cool down.
- Once glue is hard you can choose to add any other decorations such as ribbon around the seem, in order to hide the hot glue.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.