Making Fall Illuminated Bags
While this project began with a kit you can make your own fall themed illuminated bags to use not just for Halloween but on through Thanksgiving. Come Christmas, switch to luminaria. This page provides tips for making these paper bag decorations.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I found this craft on Amazon, but then put my own special fall touches on them. I am on a craft committee for a fall fair at my church and thought these illuminated bags can be used throughout fall, Halloween, and on through Thanksgiving. This is an easy non time consuming craft.
- Open the craft kit.
- Mix food coloring to paint them orange - 6 drops of yellow - 2 drops of red in 1 cup hot water.
- Taking one bag at a time, put your hand inside the bag, to hold the bag still, gently paint the front and back and stand them to dry on papers.
- A few hours later, when bags are dry, paint the sides. Stand until dry!
- When completely dry, stand the bag, I added a little bit of pumpkin spiced potpourri and put 2 tea lights in each bag.
- They glow so festively! I hope you enjoy making these, I did!