Making Feather Bookmarks from CDs
Take old computer or music CDs and make these pretty bookmarks in a feather shape. These could also be hung as suncatchers or as part of a wind chime.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a cute project that does not take a very long time to make. Younger children can make this project with a little help from their parents. Everyone is always looking for a way to mark the books they read. Here is a great way to recycle old CDs and have beautiful bookmarker.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 2 Feathers
- 2 used CDs
- black permanent marker
- white-out pen
- masking tape
- Start off by finding a CD that the label can be removed easily. You can tell this by scratching the CD label. If it flakes off easily then it is possible to remove the label and silver coating from the CD. Scratch a small section of the label.
- Take a small piece of masking tape or any tape you have on hand. Place the tape on the label and press it in place. Now pull the tape towards you to remove the coating. You can see how easy the coating comes off. Continue to remove the coating on the CD.
- Use a second CD and the black permanent marker to draw your lines on the CD. You can make 2 feathers from each CD.
- Now draw the lines for your feathers. They do not have to be exact and you can just draw them in. If you want a perfect feather image look for some feather images online to draw your feather on a piece of paper first. Now trace your feather to the CD.
- Use your scissors to cut out the feather image.
- Use the black permanent marker to draw your lines on the outside of the feather and down the middle.
- Now use the white-out pen to place dots around the feather. This will decorate your feather. You can place as many or as little as you like. Once you are done your feather is ready to use. Use this as a bookmarker in a book, decorate a mirror, window, or any other craft project with your feathers.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.