Making Gift Tags and Ornaments from Christmas Cards

How do you make gift tags and ornaments from the front of Christmas cards?

There are so many ways to do this but all you need to do is Google your question and you will see numerous site with lots of ideas and instructions.

Gift tags are the easy part and many simple ways to make them but making ornaments (as was in your question) will take time and can be frustrating so if ornaments are still on your list of things to do be sure you try to find an easy one to begin with and then go further if you like the results.

I used to make these all the time with zigzag (pinking schears) scissors, ribbon, and a hole punch. I would cut the focal point I wanted centered into a rectangle I cut with shears. Used a hole punch and string the ribbon thru and they were ready to go.

My friend took it a step further and she found a rubber stamp that said to and from and used red ink to stamp on the back.

These are so much fun to make!! Enjoy!!

You can use a cookie cutter to trace a shape on the part you want to cut out. Punch a hole on the top and put a ribbon tie in the hole.

I have a set of the craft scissors with different edges like scalloped, zig zag, etc. and cut around the picture on the card or the verse inside to make tags. Sometimes I will add a Christmas sticker to go along with it.

I am not into tossing out old cards. I remove the fronts and cut the images from the front side.

I tape it to the gift and write the name on it. I have to say it's pretty easy and awesome too. Many different ones to share as well.

Crafts Christmas DecorationsSeptember 5, 2018
🎃
🌻
🎂