Making Glitter and Glue Icicles

Category Decorations
These cute winter decorations are sure to bring holiday cheer to your home. This is a guide about making glitter and glue icicles.

When I taught Pre-k, this craft was definitely a classroom favorite! It is very simple to make and is fun for kids because they get to make a little mess. These icicles are the perfect craft for winter days at home, when it is too cold to go outside. You can also use this in the classroom when learning about winter weather, the letter I, and the structure of icicles.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 3 sets of icicles

• 3 sheets of construction paper (white, light blue and black work the best)
  • bottled school glue
  • loose glitter (in a sprinkle type canister)
  • loose craft snow glitter
  • scissors

1. You can use a full sheet of construction paper per set of icicles or cut them in half. Turn the paper horizontally and add a line of glue from one side to the other. Start at least a half an inch from the top of the page.
  2. Tilt the construction paper, allowing the glue to run down the page. Stop when you feel the icicles are long enough.
  3. Sprinkle glitter all over the glue. You can use one color or several!
  4. Ad

5. Shake off the excess glitter and allow to dry!

I did not see in the instructions how you get it off the paper????
It is a cute design but not complete in the instructions on how to make.

These stay ON the paper. kids canuse circle shapes to create snowmen and glue underneath.
For icicles you can use elsewhere, put the glue on waxed paper, add the glitter and peel off when dry.
If you cut apart the icicles, you can poke an ornament hook through the top of each and hang on your tree.

In step #4, I put that you need to shake the excess glitter off of the page. And the person who commented after you is correct in that these icicles are not ones you remove from the page. After you shake off the extra and allow to dry, the craft is complete.

Creating a scene beneath the icicles is a good idea! When I did this craft in my pre-k room, the kids wanted their icicles to be so long that there was not room left. Ha-ha And I will definitely be trying the wax paper icicles in the future! Thanks for sharing that.