Making Graveyard Brownies
A pan of these chocolate bars can be decorated for a Halloween treat. This guide is about making graveyard brownies
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you are looking for a spooky treat for your Halloween party, these brownies are perfect!
- 1 pkg. brownie mix, prepared according to pkg.
- chocolate-filled sandwich cookies
- stick pretzels
- large Tootsie Rolls
- chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- pumpkin-shaped candy corn, optional
- candy corn, optional
- Dots (to make pumpkins), optional
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Once they are cool, frost them.
- Put stick pretzels all around the outer edge of the pan, creating a fence.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the sides off of the sandwich cookies.
NOTE: We made some that were more angled so that they didn't all look the same.
- Put the graham crackers into a baggie and seal it. Then using your hands, crush them into fine crumbs.
- Push the cookie headstones into the brownies to create the graveyard. At the base of each headstone, sprinkle some of the cookie crumbs to make the graves.
- If you want to make pumpkins out of Dots, sort out the colors you want to use. Using scissors, snip off pieces of a green one to create stems.
NOTE: We didn't have enough orange ones so we also used yellow and red ones.
- Stick the stems onto the Dots you selected.
- To make spooky trees out of the large Tootsie Rolls, use scissors to cut one end to create roots. Then spread them out so that the tree can stand up.
- Then snip little pieces up the trunk to create broken branches. If you find that the trees are too soft, stick them in the refrigerator for a few minutes to stiffen them up again.
- Place your trees around the graveyard.
October 2, 20141 found this helpful
These brownies are the perfect dish to bring to a Halloween party.