Making Halloween Banners

Category Decorations
Homemade Halloween banners are an easy decoration to make yourself. The possibilities are endless and it is a great way to use up leftover crafting supplies. Here are just a few ideas to inspire you.

Here's a durable Halloween Boo! banner that you can re-use every year. Plus, it's very inexpensive to make, it only cost me $0.36 cents along with a few simple items I already had at home!

Reference:

- The letters are free printables from: https://thecottagemarket.com/free-printable-halloween-mason-jar-banner/
- I printed the letters on 4x6 photo quality paper from Snapfish for $0.09 each https://www.snapfish.com/standard-print-4x6-details#!/pdpview

Note: You don't have to print your letters out on photo paper if you don't want. This is my preference since I want to re-use this and is cheaper than printing and laminating. However, you could also print on regular paper or cardstock paper if you wish.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 banner

• printed letters
  • sticker ribbon
  • glue dots
  • scissors
  • scrap durable paper
  • pen

1. Have your banner letters printed out. I printed Boo! ($0.36 cents). If you wanted to print Happy Halloween it would be $1.26, still cheaper than how much Halloween banners are going for in stores.
  2. Advertisement

3. Using glue dots or glue, assemble letters together to spell your phrase.
  4. Using a durable scrap piece of paper or clothes tag, freehand draw a spider body and cut out two.
  5. Using sticker ribbon, tape the body up with black ribbon (as texture for the spider). If you do not have sticker ribbon - you could paint, using black paper instead. Cut excess sticker tape off and repeat for the other spider.
  6. Create spider legs - for the front two legs, I made L shapes with the sticker ribbon. You can apply this same concept with pipe cleaners or black construction paper.
  7. Remaining legs - I just kept them straight. Repeat for both spiders.
  8. Apply glue dots on both ends of the banner and stick the spiders on.
  9. Ready to hang your banner! I placed double sided tape on the back and stuck the banner to my mantle. Other hanging method, before placing your spider down - you could use a hole puncher and thread some ribbon/yarn to hang it up.

Time for holloween decorations! Let your kids participate in this super easy craft. Make as many as you can to decorate your homes and yards with ghost banners.

Paper Ghost Banner - hanging ghost banner

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Halloween DecorationsNovember 15, 2019
🎄
🍂