Making Lace Fans
Four inch wide lace, ribbons in your choice of colors, and embellishments to suit the decor or occasion, are transformed into these delicate lace fans. They are perfect of adding to a gift or using as party favors.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Delicate fans to decorate with. They would make adorable favors for a wedding shower too.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 4 inch wide lace
- thin ribbons, coordinating colors
- wider ribbon for bow
- string to hang
- hot glue
- Elmer's glue
- small paint brush
- marker to match ribbons and beads
- Cut your lace about 15 inches long.
- Fold like an accordion and press very well with an iron.
- Mix 1 part Elmer's glue with 1 part water, about 3 tbsp each. With paint brush "paint" the entire length of lace lightly. Let dry and refold, the fold marks will remain.
- Choose a marker that will match your ribbon and beads. Mark all the edges of the fan, just at the tips as you can see in pic.
- Choose about 3 colors of thin ribbon. Take one and tie at one side of your fan. Tie tightly and knot. Tie the other 2 ribbons at same place. Let ribbon ends hang loose, cutting tips on an angle. Take the thicker ribbon and make a bow. Attach to the knotted area of your thin ribbons with hot glue.
- Add a bead to the center of the bow. Add beads along the pleats at the top of your fan and a couple at the base as shown in picture.
- Any kind can be used, beads or pearls. I used Swarovski crystals for a sparkle.
- Attach a string to the top to hang. If you'd rather you can hot glue a magnet button to the back and hang on fridge.
Note: Make these in colors to match holiday decor for a cute addition to your gift packages. Use beads matching your wedding party to use as favors at a shower.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.