Making Marshmallow Polar Bears

Category Christmas
Get out your stash of marshmallows, in all three sizes, to make these cute tasty hot chocolate toppers. This is a guide about making marshmallow polar bears.

I love marshmallows, so naturally I have all available sizes in my kitchen. This is a fun edible craft that uses three sizes of marshmallows to make polar bears that can be eaten as a snack, or used to float on top of hot chocolate. This is a great all-ages project!

Total Time: 30 minutes

• extra large marshmallows
  • regular marshmallows
  • mini marshmallows
  • meltable white chocolate
  • chopstick
  • brown M&Ms
  • black gel icing pen

1. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring between each interval until smooth and shiny.
  2. Stand the extra large and regular marshmallows up, then use kitchen scissors to cut into thirds.
  3. Stick the tip of your chopstick into the melted white chocolate and dab it on the back of a cut regular marshmallow.
  4. Stick it onto the bottom half of an extra large marshmallow piece.
  5. To make an ear add a bit of white chocolate to the side a mini marshmallow and press it against the bear's head. Hold in place for 30 seconds.
  6. Attach the other ear the same way.
  7. Use the black gel pen to add 2 eyes.
  8. Smear a bit of white chocolate onto the front of an M&M (where the "m" is) and attach it to the top of the regular marshmallow piece.
  9. Repeat... and eat!
  10. Drop some on top of your hot chocolate and watch them float until they melt away. Delicious!

Made these with 6 grandkids and they loved them! They made enough for every child to take a plateful home and Ill be making more for Christmas morning hot chocolate!

Thank you for a fun craft project!

Too cute!!! Thanks for sharing!! I wish we had wee ones I could share this with...of course...I am a kid at heart, so maybe I will make some for me!

You need to market your lovelies!!!!

Thanks for sharing a photo. They turned out so cute!