Making Mason Jar Lid Christmas Ornaments
The lids from Mason style jars can be reused in lots of crafts. This page offers a Christmas ornament project.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Mason jars in our household are used as cups so we have a lot of spare lids. My son asked if he could make an ornament and I thought it'd be perfect to use the lids!
Here's an ornament we made together with sea glass, beads, pipe-cleaners, and hot glue.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 ornament
- Mason jar lid
- sea glass
- hot glue
- pipe cleaners
- Hot glue beads along pipe cleaner to resemble Christmas lights.
- Cut pipe cleaner in half so you have 2 strands of lights. Then hot glue in the position you would like.
- Find a triangular piece or pieces of sea grass that resemble a Christmas tree and a star bead for the topper. Then glue in place on the Mason jar lid.
- Using another piece of pipe cleaner, bend it into a loop/hook shape and hot glue to the back of the lid for the hanger.
- The ornament is ready to hang on your tree, or it could be a gift from your child to someone too. :)