A dish towel, spoon, sprinkles, and a purchased (or homemade) cookie or cake mix is just about all you need to make the fun Pocket Pack baking kits for the whole family to enjoy. And there is no sewing or gluing! Cost is less than $5. Nice teacher or hostess gift.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- 1 Christmas dish towel (linen is best)
- 1 cookie (or cake) mix
- cookie cutter or foil star cupcake pans
- wooden spoon or rubber spatula
- yarn or ribbon
- writing gel
Instructions For Cookie Kit
- Using a dish towel with a design similar to the one shown, open towel and place cookie mix on the inside.
- Fold bottom two-thirds up over mix to meet Rudolph's head to make pocket.
- Fold excess neatly and secure along edge of pocket. Tie in Back.
- Tie yarn to top of kit around "antlers."
- Place cookie cutter, spoon, sprinkles, etc. in pocket.
Instructions For Cupcake Kit
- Remove cake mix from box. (Cut instructions from back of box and include in kit).
- Tape foil pans to back of cake mix bag, leaving top of cake mix bag free.
- Place inside dish towel.
- Fold bottom two-thirds up to snowman's middle to form pocket. Secure with yarn and tie in back.
- Tie yarn around snowman's neck. Finish with bow.
- Place spatula, writing gel, and sprinkles in pockets.
- This project would also work well with a Santa applique on the towel and a brownie mix could be used in place of the cake mix.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
December 14, 20070 found this helpful
this is adorable
December 15, 20070 found this helpful
this is just the most darling holiday craft idea i have seen on here thus far, i love it, thanks so much. would work for any holiday theme too. merry christmas to you and thanks !:)
By Madeline (Guest Post)
December 19, 20070 found this helpful
This is so cute, thanks for sharing. But I just don't quite get it. The instructions aren't clear to me. Maybe if I just keep reading them, it will become clearer. So cute and clever. Thanks.