Making Rainbow Pinecone Ornaments
Paint pinecones in rainbow colors. Add a twine loop for hanging, a bow, and a bell if you like. These are easy and fun to make holiday ornaments.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Brighten your Christmas tree with these colorful and beautiful rainbow bell pinecone ornaments! These ornaments would also make great gifts too!
Total Time: 30 minutes + drying time
- acrylic paint, paintbrush
- My pinecone already has glitter trim, but you can use any pinecone. Ready to paint rainbow colors onto each layer - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. (Don't forget you can mix colors to create a color if you do not have it.)
- Allow your pinecones to dry.
- Using twine, secure knot on the top of the pinecone and hot glue it in place for extra security. You can stop here if you would like, but I wanted a bell and bow.
- Thread twine through the loop on the bell and secure underneath the pinecone.
- Optional: as a cute touch, tie on a yarn bow.