Making Recycled CD Mirrored Hearts
Use recycled CDs to make these shiny hearts. They are great for Valentine's Day or to show your love anytime.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Everyone loves to decorate with hearts and especially now that Valentine's Day is approaching. This is an excellent craft anyone can make. You can use the small mirrored hearts to decorate your Valentine's card(s), vases, picture frames, windows in your home, or even make magnets to display on your refrigerator.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Yield: 5 Hearts
- 1 used CDs
- red permanent marker
- white-out pen
- You will not be removing the labels from the CD. I used a CD with a white label on the CD to make it easier to draw on and the label for this type of CD is easy to glue onto any project you are making.
- Draw the heart images on the back of the CD. You can cut out your image on paper and trace the design to the label of the CD.
- Cut out the hearts. You should be able to get 5 hearts from one CD.
- Take your red permanent marker and draw a line around the outside edge of the heart. You may need to draw the line twice depending on the marker you are using.
- Now add the white dots to the red line on the heart. You will use the white-out pen to make your dots.
- Your hearts are now ready to use as decorations, display in windows, place on mirrors in the kid's room, or even make magnets to give away to your friends. If you want to get really creative you can write small messages in the center of the hearts using a black permanent marker.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.