Making Spooky Lacy Frames

Category Decorations
Halloween themed spiderweb lace mounted in a wall frame becomes a unique and eye catching seasonal decoration. This is a guide about making spooky lacy frames.

I recently moved an etegere' from my bathroom. This left a place where there was nothing there and that is not allowed in my home!

So, I had these four silverish frames and some time.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 4

• 4 frames without photos, the kind you can open the back is needed
  • 12 sq in lace of your choice
  • 12 sq in scrap booking paper of your choice
  • 1 scissors
  • glue gun

1. I found some black lace and red paper, and silver frames I had lurking in my croffice. It has always occurred to me that frames can be used for something other than photos. So today...
  2. Ad

3. I took my scrap booking paper and cut the shapes for the frame inserts. My bathroom is black and gray and red, so this worked perfectly.
  4. Because they were destined for the wall, I pried the stand off the back of all four frames.
  5. Then I tried to put the glass in, the lace, then the paper, and then the backing. The extra bit of lace on the sides made it almost impossible to secure the back so I took them off and trimmed the lace to the same size as the glass.
  6. The only frame I had without glass was the heart. I just spot glued the lace to the frame, then glued the backing to the back and it looked like it was suppose to be that way.
  7. I hung them separately and took a photo of each one. The horizontal one.
  8. The heart.
  9. The square.
  10. And the vertical.
  11. This is now what is over my toilet. One could change them out for the other holidays, especially if you used scrap booking or wall paper samples. NOTE: If spiders ever develop the ability to fly, I am either going to move underground or to Mars. Discovering these were perfect for the spooky Halloween season. I didn't do that until they were done. Webs and spiders are the bane of my life, so imagine how I felt when I realized this boo boo. But, I am going to leave them till I can find some lovely lace that doesn't scare me!
  12. Ad

N-JOY!!

Hi,

Your craft is wonderful and your story made me smile ;)

Thanks Robyn. Here's a little poem I made up just before I submitted it to the State Fair here in Oregon.

There's a spider in my kitchen...he scurried out of view
He's lurking...waiting for me and I don't know what to do
Can I come live with you?

Sandi/PBP

you made a wonderful decoration out of it.. very nice!