Making a Baby Food Jar Christmas Tree

Category Crafts
Simply and easily create a delightful holiday display by reusing baby food jars to make a Christmas tree. This is a guide about making a baby food jar Christmas tree.

Here's a picture of the baby food jar "Christmas tree" my daughter made for my friend's 80th birthday.

Materials:

Instructions:

1. Drill a hole in the tops of the lids.
  2. Paint them black & let dry.
  3. Glue the jars together in a tree form. (17 jars) (She first used hot glue, didn't work well. We also tried super glue, that was a disaster.) Use car mirror glue.
  4. Cut 2-3 inches of glitter garland for each jar and place in the jars.
  5. Use a 35 light string. Put 3 lights in the top jar, in through the hole of the lids, put 2 lights in the rest of the lids and tape with black electrical tape, to hold them in.
  6. Plug in and enjoy. I still have the one my daughter made over 15 years ago.

By Great Granny Vi

By Catherine Alksins (Guest Post)

Nice!!!Fab!!Jealous!!Roll on xmas!!!

This is adorable! What a creative idea! I thought baby food jars were only good for storing paint and other things in.

Thanks for sharing the picture and instructions!

They really look nice. You can also put a 3" wide green (or whatever color you like) ribbon around the tree part, or around the whole thing, just finishes it more.

I'd heard of these before, but had never seen one. It's cute!!!!! What a clever idea!!