Making a Baby Food Jar Santa Candy Jar

Category Gifts
Create cute little Santa candy jars using baby food jars. This is a page about making a baby food jar Santa candy jar.

This is a vintage pattern that I used many years ago, but is still a popular recycle craft. It is a Santa candy jar made from a baby food jar.

Instructions:

Trace patterns pieces on light cardboard. Lay on felt and trace around with ball point pen and cut out. Spread glue around edge of jar lid. Position base of hat over glue. Spread more glue over base of hat and add white strip for "fur". Let dry completely. Spread a thin line of glue along side edge of hat for a couple inches from tip toward the base. Line up edges and press together. Use clips, if necessary, to hold the pieces together until the glue is dry.

Pull point of hat down to cover gap where lid shows and glue to edge of hat and glue to the edge of the hat. Glue white pom pom to the edge of the hat.

Spread glue on glass and position the cotton balls for the beard as shown. Position mouth behind Santa's mustache and glue in place. Glue mustache in place above the beard, leaving room for the red pom pom nose and eyes. Glue nose and eyes in position. Fill jar with peppermint or cinnamon candies. To protect the beard while storing or shipping, slip candy jars into individual plastic sandwich bags.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas

The full instructions are also in a PDF file for which you may need Acrobat Reader to view. Download Acrobat Reader

Click Here to download the instructions as a PDF.

Love it!

I just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed the craft patterns that you've shared with us. Thank You!

Very cute! my mom used felt instead of cotton balls and she made them when we (kids) were little and every year our Santa candy jar was filled with Christmas colored M&Ms.

It's a very special tradition that I love still.

This is a kickback from the 70s and I still love it. I will be making these with the little kids I work with.,

In These Pages
Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 3, 2016
🎃