Making a Bouquet of Stars
This is a guide about making a bouquet of stars
. Wooden stars can be painted and decorated then twisted with wire onto stems to make a whimsical bouquet decoration.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Christine Weber0 found this helpful
December 7, 2005
A handful of wooden stars painted gold or silver and twisted onto stems of wire to make a whimsical and unexpected bouquet for a vase.
Materials and Equipment:
- a large plastic bag or several sheets of newspaper
- 5 or more wooden star forms (small stars that are 1 1/2 to 2 inches across and 1/2 inch thick work well)
- gold or silver wire, about 8-10 inches long (can be cut to size), one piece for each star
- gold or silver decorative acrylic paint
- a paint brush
- a lid from a used container (such as yogurt)
- small pliers (optional)
- wire cutters (optional)
- short piece of ribbon or twine
- a drill
- super glue
- Before starting, clear the table and cover it with newspaper or a large garbage bag to avoid getting paint on the table.
- Spread the wooden stars out on the table. Pour a small puddle of metallic paint onto the container lid.
- Paint one side of all the stars and allow to dry.
- Flip the stars over and paint the other side. Allow to dry.
- Paint the rim of the stars and allow to dry.
- Once all stars have been completely painted, assemble your wire. If your pieces are too long or on a coil, cut them to size with wire cutters.
- Drill a hole near the top of each star.
- Loop the wire through the hole and curl it over the top of each star (see photo). Use pliers if your wire is heavy and won't bend by hand.
- If you don't have a drill, you can use superglue to glue the wire against the back of each star.
- Tie a ribbon around the wire "stems" to hold them together.
- Place your bouquet in a vase and enjoy. No need to water!
By guest (Guest Post)
December 7, 20050 found this helpful
I love wooden decorations....these are awesome and can be painted to go with any season or holiday......thanx for the great idea....