Making a Bowling Ball Costume

Category Costumes
Homemade Halloween costumes are not only fun to make but even more fun to wear. This is a guide about making a bowling ball costume.

I just wanted to share my Halloween costume picture. I went to Walmart and got two standard size hula hoops and a box of 39 gallon lawn and leaf bags. A hula hoop fits right inside the lawn bag and then I taped all the edges to the back with black electrical tape. Do the same with the second hula hoop. I cut out three circles from plain white paper and taped them to the front with packing tape, cut out the Brunswick letters and logo, along with the weight number in a circle. Then, I cut some strips from another lawn bag and taped those on for straps that I hung from my shoulders.

I wore a plain black shirt, black pants, and a plain black cap. Bowling pins from a children's bowling game completed my bowling ball costume. I love coming up with different things for Halloween each year. I found a similar "bowling ball" costume on the internet for $50, but I made my own and spent less than ten bucks!

By Stacey from Orem, UT

I would like to make a bowling pin costume. I have found some online, but they are $39-$60! Can anyone help with some suggestions? Thanks!

By Jeanne from Tinley Park, IL

Answers

Get some foam rubber that is sold in upholstery stores-it is sold by the yard. Cut out the bowling pin shape-front and back and make like a sandwich board. Paint as desired. Wear white sweat under it.

I saw in a magazine where a lady wore a black trash bag which was stuffed with something (don't remember what it was!), and she made herself look like a bowling ball. It was really cute. Good luck!

Memaw with Granddaughter before going to her bowling party. Lorelynn (the bowling pin) won 1st place and was featured on Ebonite's web-site. She loves to bowl and Memaw always supported her.

Memaw and the Bowling Pin

By Summer Davis from Oak Grove, Ky

Answers:

Bowling Pin Costume - Lorelynn the Bowling Pin and Memaw

Great costume! I always love to see homemade original costumes. They're so much more interesting than the storebought ones. Thanks for sharing this one. (04/20/2006)

By sunhat

Great costume for one cute girl. Memaw looks cute
and proud too! (04/21/2006)

By meoowmom

They both are so happy looking. Congrats on her winning 1st place! I bet Memaw is so proud!

I seen that you were from Oak Grove, KY. I lived there once when hubby was at Ft. Campbell. Kinda miss living there in a way. (04/22/2006)

By Michele