Making a Candle of Light Christmas Card
Using a coloring page that accompanies the project you can make this unique handcrafted card for Christmas. Make several and vary the colors, if you like. This is a guide about making a candle of light Christmas card
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
During Christmas, we celebrate the birth of the Light of the World. This mini adult coloring page turned card features a burning candle that serves as a great reminder of the reason for the season. It is an easy and cost-effective way to make cards for all your friends and family that will bring a special message of joy.
Total Time: 20 minutes, drying time excluded
Yield: one card per printout
- Start by coloring the provided mini coloring page: Use pencils 535 and 521 for the background. Sharpen the pencils and use your finger to rub over the pencil sharpenings to add color to the background.
- Use the gold metal pen to color the twirl shape and the middle section of the ribbon.
- Working wet on dry, use pencils 545, 512 and 504 to color the leaves.
- Use pencils 549 and 533 to color the rest of the ribbon, and pencil 570 to color the inside of the ribbon, i.e. the areas covered by multiple dots. Use the white pen to add highlights to the leaves and ribbon. Use pencils 504, 505 and 527 to add color to the candle. Use pencils 504 and 506 to color the flame, and 510 and 545 to color the cherries. Use the white pen to add highlights to the flame and the cherries.
- Add small drops of Plaid Royal Coat Dimensional Magic to the background area around the colored candle. Allow to dry flat for 2-3 hours before continuing with the project.
- Score the 5.6"x 8.2" tortilla colored textured cardstock to create a card sized 5.6" x 4.1".
- Cut out the colored design ~ once cut, the size must be 5.4" x 4".
- With the fold at the left, centre and glue the colored design to the front of the card.