Making a Child's Lady Bug Costume
Dress your little one in this cute lady bug costume for Halloween or other occasion. This is a guide about making a child's lady bug costume
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 2 Comments
- 1 red leotard
- 2 8x11-inch sheets of adhesive-backed felt in black and red
- 1 black pipe cleaner; 1 black or brown hair barrette; 1 pair of store-bought black wings (that are bendable if not in a rounded shape already)
- black shoes to fit the Lady Bug Lady (I used tap shoes that I got for 50 cents from a yard sale! YAY!)
- black socks to wear with shoes; optional: black tights AND/OR black tutu/skirt OR red shorts
- Cut parallel to the 8.5 inch side of the black adhesive-backed felt in 4 or more strips.
- Then, horizontally stick the black felt strips to the front of the red leotard.
- If needed, mold the black wings into a rounded shape. And then use a jar or other circular container about 3-inches in diameter and trace around the circular bottle on the paper side of the red adhesive-backed felt, and make 12 circles.
NOTE: I used a bottle of mosaic adhesive, about the size of a small container of rubber cement to illustrate the size of the circles.
- Cut the red felt circles out and stick to the black wings, sides touching through the wings to match up.
- Open the barrette and twist the middle of the black pipe cleaner twice around the base of the black or brown base (or use a barrette in a color to match the lady bug lady's hair). Mold the black pipe cleaner into two even antennas- see picture for form or make a more spiral-like fun design!
- Gear up the Little Lady Bug for some pictures then treating!
By Erin R.
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 12, 2017 at 11:04:05 PM on 10.0.0.59 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us