Making a Christmas Egg Carton Wreath

Category Decorations
Start saving your paper egg cartons. You can use them to make a pretty Christmas wreath. We can show you how.

You can start saving egg cartons to make this inexpensive holiday wreath. If you want your wreath to be larger, you'll need more cartons. This is an example of a wreath made with just 1 carton. Overall, it is an inexpensive project made using materials/supplies you may even already have!

Total Time: 1.5 hours

• egg carton
  • acrylic paint + paint brush
  • scissors
  • hole puncher
  • hot glue gun
  • wire cutters
  • pliers
  • craft wire
  • ribbons

1. Cut apart individual egg carton pieces, a total of 12 pieces.
  2. Advertisement

3. Trim around the edges until you get a nice flat/smooth surface, about 3/4 - 1".
  4. Ready to paint the egg carton pieces with your choice of color and allow to dry. *I allowed my egg carton pieces to dry overnight.
  5. Once dried, using a hole puncher poke a hole and another one again across from it (so you can thread through the craft wire.)
  6. Using craft wire, thread all your egg cartons through.
  7. Advertisement

8. Using cutters, cut wire leaving a little room so you can secure a wire knot.
  9. To keep the egg cartons in place and not flipping around, dab hot glue in the inside near where the holes are punched.
  10. Ready to decorate the wreath however you'd like. I made a bow with ribbon I already had on hand.
  11. I also had a leftover "Merry Christmas" ribbon so I tied a knot in the center of the wreath. I also dabbed a little hot glue from ribbon to egg carton so it'll stay in place and can be read.
  12. Advertisement

13. Secure bow onto wreath and ready to display!

In These Pages
Crafts Christmas DecorationsJune 21, 2020
🐛
😷
🎆
😎
🌻