Making a Christmas Memorial Ornament
A memorial ornament can be easily made to keep your loved ones' memory bright during the holidays. This is a guide about making a Christmas memorial ornament.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a memorial Christmas ornament. The dates of the loved one's life is painted or marked on the ornament, and the inside of the ornament holds the memorial card and is filled with seasonal decorations.
I have chosen to use gold-colored leaves and it turned out so pretty.
My mom gained her wings on November 24th of this year. This is one of the ways I will always celebrate having had her wonderful influence in my life :)
I bought everything used in this craft from the Dollar Tree :)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: One ornament
- plastic ornament from the Dollar Tree
- bouquet of flowers/leaves
- pretty ribbon/bow with spiraling
- sparkly red ribbon for tying a bow around the top of the ornament
- paint markers or paint or permanent.
- Get your supplies together.
- Cut all flowers or leaves from the bouquet.
- Pull off the disk from underneath the flower.
- Fold up the flower and roll into a cylinder.
- Put flower into ornament.
- Add the memorial or funeral card by folding it in half and rolling it up.
- Write or paint your loved one's name and the date(s).
- Put in more leaves and tie ribbon around the top of the ornament.
- Put some shiny parts from the flower into the ornament.
- Replace ornament top and tie spiral ribbon through the loop at the top.
- Place on Christmas tree or use as a stand-alone decoration.