DecorationsChristmas

Making a Christmas Ornament Display Stand

I could swear I've seen a handmade ornament display. My little 40 inch tree is full of rust. I have had it since I was 13 yrs old; I'm 55 now. I hate to let it go, but it keeps going crooked. Anyway I'm thinking I could make a display stand and put those specific ornaments on it. Any suggestions?

You could wet a ball of tin foil and rub it on your display stand. The rust should come off.

I'm not sure why it would keep going crooked, is it the rust?

if it were my tree and i was invested in keeping/saving it, I would reiinforce the crooked parts with wire and spray paint the whole thing with Rustoleum to deal with the rust problem. I think they have a cool silver looking one. Or else they do have green also www.zoro.com/.../feature-product

I agree that maybe you should try to repair your tree, clean off as much rust as possible and paint it with a spray can of Rust-Oleum.

Since you mentioned "specific ornaments" then your tree must have come with its own set of ornaments?
If you cannot save your tree then you might think about some of the DIY ideas on Google images. There are quite a few shown and most only take a small amount of work/skill/talent and seem to be inexpensive.

Check these out but I would suggest trying to repair the tree first.

www.google.com/search?q=christmas+ornament+display...