Making a Crochet Angel

Category Decorations
A crochet angel can be used as a special gift or decoration and can be made for the holidays or anytime. This guide is about making a crochet angel.

With some yarn or thread, you can make some or all of these pretty angels.

Approximate Time: For all three, about 1 hour

Instructions:

Full Body Ornament:

1. Head: for both full angels, ch 4. Make 11 DC in 4th ch from hook. Join. Continue work without breaking off.
  2. Ad

3. Body: Ch 4, make 2 TrC in same st. Ch 4, make 3 TrC in next st. Ch 3, turn. Make 2 Dc's in same st and 1 Dc in each of 4 st. Ch 4, make 4 Dc's in next 4 st and 2 Dc's in last st. You should have 12 across.
  4. You can stop there. Or, for a ruffle effect on the bottom, you can ch 3, skip 1 and slst in next st across for 8 loops. Break off and weave in tail.
  5. Ad

6. Attach new yarn (this can be the same color or a different one) to the space between the head and the body. Ch 4, make 2 (3 if you want the wings a bit more pronounced), TrC in same st then a ch 4 and slst in same st. Break off and work in tails.
  7. Repeat for other wing.
  8. I wanted to keep this one simple, so I just used a looped ribbon and button glued to the neck. You can doll it up as simple or fancy as you like. You can make a ribbon hanger for this one, as it's a bit large for a pin or magnet.

Full Body Angel Pin:

Follow the same directions but "use Dc's and not TrC". This makes the pin a bit smaller and I think tighter.

Angel Head and Wings Pin:

1. Head:
    Ch 4, make 11 Dc in 1st ch from hook. Break off and weave in tail.
  2. Wings:
    Ch 4, make all st's in 1st ch. Make 3 TrC, 3 Dc, ch 1, 1 TrC, ch 1, 3 Dc, 3 TrC, ch 2 slip stitch to join.
  3. Glue head to wings, just below the arch. Embellish with your choice of ribbons, roses, buttons, etc.
  4. Glue pin back or magnet to two smaller angels.
  5. Ad

N-JOY!

NOTE: I didn't show the smaller angel being done, as it's the same pattern as the larger one.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

These are some Christmas angels I make. There is no real pattern to them, no count, so they're each a little different.

Each type of thread is different, each hook # yields different results. I make the head, neck, and bodice, stuff it, then the torso, attach and stuff, then the arms, and make the wig last.

There was a sculptor (whose name escapes me) who, when asked how he accomplished his figures, shrugged and said "I visualize an animal in the marble, and then I take off everything that isn't part of the animal." LOL Crocheting isn't rocket science, and I just stitch it in the shape of an angel, I guess.

By Doggy

I am looking for patterns for crocheted angles.

By Lisa from Piqua, OH

Answers

from here at thrifty fun:
http://www.thri … 1354158.tip.html

There are many links here:
http://www.croc … ctory/angels.php