Making a Fake Microphone
This is a guide about making a fake microphone
. Dressing up to be a pop singer is fun. Make a microphone to complete the outfit.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My daughter wanted to be a Pop Star for Halloween. She had all of the clothes for it but wanted to have a microphone. So I decided to make one for her.
- 5/8 in wooden dowel
- 2 1/2 in foam ball
- black paint
- paint brush
- small saw (to cut dowel)
- small knife (to cut foam ball)
- hot glue gun
- glitter (optional)
- Paint foam ball. Sprinkle with glitter (if desired) and allow to dry completely. Tip: I stuck it to the end of a fondue fork to paint it.
- Cut the dowel down to desired length. Then paint it with black paint. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use a small knife to cut a hole in the bottom of the foam ball to insert the dowel. Then push the dowel into the hole so that it fits snuggly.
- Apply hot glue to the hole and insert the dowel. Set aside to allow glue to dry.
October 31, 20160 found this helpful
Here is a costume microphone for your budding pop star. Learn how to make it in this short video.