Making a Felt Mouse and Cheese Ornament
This little guy found his gift early and is taking a moment to enjoy it. This is a page about making a felt mouse and cheese ornament
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This adorable mouse and his cheesy snack would love to live on your tree!
- cardboard (food packaging)
- embroidery floss
- Fold the cardboard in half and draw half of the mouse head along the folded edge to create a symmetrical shape. Draw two inner ear pieces and the cheese slice.
- Attach templates to felt using rolls of tape. Cut out shapes.
- Sew inner ears onto head using coordinating embroidery floss.
- Cut small circles for eyes and sew them on. Then make French knots in the center for pupils.
- Make a nose and sew it on. Then stitch on the mouth. Add small pieces of embroidery floss for whiskers.
- Use sharp scissors to cut out holes in cheese slice.
- If you want to use these as traditional ornaments you will need to attach a loop of ribbon to the top for hanging them. Have fun!