Making a Felt Santa Hat Ornament
Looks like Santa left his hat hanging on your tree before heading on to his next stop. This is a page about making a felt Santa hat ornament
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
These little felt Santa hats are quick and easy to make. Why not make a few for your tree.
- cardboard (food packaging)
- embroidery floss
- Fold the cardboard in half and draw half of the Santa hat along the folded edge to create a symmetrical shape. Then draw a template for the ball and trim of the hat.
- Stick the templates to the felt with rolls of tape, then cut out the shapes.
- Attach the trim and ball to the hat using coordinating embroidery floss.
- If you want to use these as traditional ornaments you will need to attach a loop of ribbon to the top for hanging them. Have fun!