Making a Felt Stocking Filler Bag
This easy to make felt stocking filler bag makes a great gift itself or it can be filled with sweet treats.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This Christmas, make this easy felt stocking filler bag. The bag in itself is a gift that could be used year after year, and you will earn double points if you fill the bag with a sweet little treat.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one bag
- two pieces of dark green felt, each sized 8.4" x 8.4"
- suitable felt Christmas symbol ~ in this case, a Christmas sock sized 2.4" x 2.4" was used
- 2 golden beads
- 35 inches of red organza ribbon
- dark green thread
- needle that would fit through the beads
- standard scissors
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- sewing machine
- Put the two pieces of felt on top of each other. Sew the bottom and the sides together leaving a seam allowance of 0.2". Cut the bottom corners at an angle.
- Sew a seam at the top, leaving a seam allowance of 0.5". When sewing across the side seams, fold the side seams open to create a channel for the drawstring.
- Turn the bag right side out. Cut a small opening into the top seam, making sure to cut only through the top layer of the seam.
- Thread the ribbon through the drawstring channel.
- Glue the felt symbol to the front of the bag.
- Add a bead to each end of the ribbon. Cut the ribbon end shorter and make a knot below the bead so that the bead won't come loose.
- Add a stocking filler and voila!